Turkey Petrol Refineries Incorporated Company ("Tüpraş" or "Company") we are benefiting from a couple of technologies ("cookies"), such as cookies, pixels, GIF's etc. to improve your experience and usage of the offline and online applications ("all the applications referred as “Platform”") which we have provided for you through our web site ("site") applications or digital platforms.
The use of these technologies is carried out in accordance with the legislation we are subject to, in particular the Law on Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 ("KVK Law").
The purpose of this Cookie Clarification Text, is to inform you about the cookies and management of personal data which are used during the Platform usage. With this Clarification Text, we desire to inform you as to in what purpose we are using cookies and how can you control these cookies.
As Tüpraş, we may opt out of using the cookies we use on our site and application, change their types or functions, or add new cookies to our site and application. Therefore, we reserve the right to change the provisions of this Cookie Clarification Text at any time. Any changes made to the current Cookie Clarification Text, by being published on the website, application or in any public media and shall be effective. You can find the last update date at the end of the text.
For detailed information about the purpose of processing your personal data by our Company, please visit the Personal Data Protection and Processing Policy of Turkish Petrol Refineries Corp. at the address of https://www.tupras.com.tr/protection-of-personal-data.
Method and Legal Reason of Personal Data Collection
Your personal data, as a result of you visiting our website or using our application, is collected as cookies in electronic environment in accordance with the legal reasons concerning the legitimate interests of our Company. The collected personal data can also be used according to personal data usage conditions and purposes stated in the Articles 5 and 6 of the Legislation and with the purposes stated in this Cookie Clarification Text.
To whom and for what purpose the personal data can be transferred
As Tüpraş, we may share your personal data within the scope of Cookie Clarification Text with our suppliers, legally authorized public institutions and legally authorized private persons within the scope of the above mentioned objectives to be realized and in accordance with the relevant legislation.
Which cookies are used for what purposes?
- To perform the basic functions necessary for the operation of the Site and the application. For example, sign-in members do not need to re-enter passwords when visiting different pages on the Site.
- To analyze the Site and the application, to improve the performance of the Site and the application. For example, integration of different servers that the Site runs on, determining the number of visitors to the Site, adjusting performance accordingly, or making it easier for visitors to find what they are looking for.
- To increase the functionality of the Site and the application and provide ease of use.For example, sharing to third-party social media through the Site, remembering user name information or search queries on the next visit of the Site visitor.
Cookies Used on Our Site and Application
Only the mandatory cookies are used in our website. The usage of these cookies are mandatory in order for us to have our website and application run correctly. For example, the authentication cookies that are activated when you log on to our site allow you to continue your active session when you switch from one page to another on our site.
Information about how you can manage your preferences for cookies used on the Platform is as follows:
- Although preferences vary depending on the browser used, the general description is available at https://www.aboutcookies.org/ Cookies preferences may need to be made individually for each device on which the visitor has access to the Platform.
- to turn off cookies managed by Google Analytics click.
- to manage the personalized advertising experience provided by Google click.
- In terms of cookies used by many companies for advertising activities, preferences can be managed through Your Online Choices.
- The settings menu of the mobile device can be used to manage cookies via mobile devices.
- You can customize your preferences for cookies by changing your browser settings.
What Are Your Rights as a Data Owner?
Pursuant to Article 11 of KVK Law, data owners have the following rights,
- to learn whether or not personal data has been processed,
- to request information on the processed data, if personal data has been processed,
- to learn the purpose of processing the personal data and whether or not the personal data has been used in accordance with the declared purpose,
- to know about the third parties at home and abroad, to which the personal data has been transferred,
- In case that the personal data is incomplete or incorrectly processed, to request their correction and to inform the third parties to whom the personal data is transferred,
- In case the reasons that require processing are eliminated although it has been processed in accordance with the provisions of KVK Law and other related laws, to request the deletion or destruction of personal data and to notify the third parties to whom the personal data has been transferred,
- to object to any consequence that may arise against himself/herself through the analysis of the processed data exclusively by means of automated systems,
- to request for compensation of any damages incurred by himself/herself due to unlawful processing of personal data.
You can submit your applications regarding your rights listed above to our Company by filling in the Data Owner Application Form, which can be found at, https://www.tupras.com.tr/protection-of-personal-data Depending on the nature of your request, your applications shall be concluded free of charge as soon as possible and within thirty days at the latest; however, if the transaction requires additional costs, you may be charged a fee according to the tariff set by the Personal Data Protection Board.